Monday, June 22, 2009

Art Weekend

Here I am on the way to the Phillips Collection in Dupont Circle

Had an awesome art-filled weekend. On Friday I stopped by the Arlington Arts Center opening for their PARADOX NOW! show. Saturday night, a friend and I went to the Hamiltonian Gallery, Chanan Delivuk's show at Hounshell Realtors (complete with cupcakes and chili), and Irvine Contemporary's show called Street/Studio. At Hamiltonian, I was especially taken by Magnolia Laurie's invented landscapes and Jon Bobby Benjamin's miniature house structures and drawings on vellum. Last but nor least, on Sunday I went to the Paint Made Flesh show at the Phillips Collection. David Park! Cecily Brown! Jenny Saville! Susan Rothenberg! Lucian Freud! It is a really wonderful exhibition.

Lady Cat is a wonderful figurative painter, but as you can see, she's been too lazy to get into the studio of late.

No comments: